Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring

I see it has been over a month since I posted and don't really know what this post will be about. I don't have my pictures in this computer yet so can't post any of them from our time in Texas. Glad for some signs of spring - robins, crocuses, tractors in the fields! Some one suggested we must be like the robins - need 3 snows after returning in the spring! Today seemed to be the first day it felt like spring and everyone seems happy about that! Yesterday we got started with seeding so maybe now things will get rolling. I've also gotten started on cleaning flower beds.
We have had some Special Meeting privileges and worker visit - Carol W. and Curtis B. -- very special. All being well we should get another Special Meeting this coming Sunday.
Another project I have been working on is setting up my 'studio'! We have the mobile home behind our house - it was grandma's - empty again so decided I would convert it to a studio -- for fiber art! You can use your imagination on that and pretty much be right, probably! We really don't like having someone living there but didn't have much options but to have some one there the last year and a half. About an hour after we got home from Texas some 'friendly' fellows from ICE paid us a visit so that is why it is empty. That of course is a whole other story which I won't comment too much on here about. It kind of left us with a sad feeling and renewed appreciation for our own liberties. Anyway back to my studio! I'm hoping to have it as an area to work on my quilts and other projects like that and it will also have a bedroom so can use it also for guests if the occasion arises. Maybe I'll call it my 'cottage studio'!

7 comments:

Helen said...

You really need to update your banner picture--gave me the shudders to see it :)

farmermarvswife said...

Yes, I know - that is on my 'to do' list. I realized just as I posted the last comments!

Ruthie said...

What is ICE? I don't know so would like to so I can appreciate your story more.

farmermarvswife said...

Google ICE and you'll find out -- I always have to look what the initials are for but in the past we maybe would have said 'immigration officials'.

Mrs. Z said...

Got some illegals??

farmermarvswife said...

That isn't really for us to determine -- it is rather a complex situation and too much to go in to here -- it was all rather bizarre and as the story unfolds gets crazier than ever. But we still live in the best country.

Mrs. Z said...

I agree with your last statement. And we have had some we shouldn't have had at work also. But we are not responsible for proving their papers are legit.