Friday, February 6, 2009

Update #7

Here is another update sorry again no pictures. Some times I can get my laptop to work and sometimes not and when I have time to do an update it won't work!
We were suppose to go canoeing today as the first time was cancelled because of wind and the same happened today.
We are keeping busy with others doing a variety of things and Marv is even getting in to golfing. Yes, I know, that one is a surprise. His first time around one of the 4 was an 88 year old man, nearly blind and he out golfed them all! Today will be time 2 for him! I've not ventured in to it yet, but I was invited! We may get some biking done today, too.
The saddest thing down here - seeing the wall getting built between our country and the one to the south. Marv was up close to it yesterday and took some pictures -- My opinion(for what it is worth) -- there must be a better way.
I have about 6 minutes of computer time left so better sign off. Weather is great here! except wind!

9 comments:

Will said...

Dad golfing? I am pretty sure i have heard him make derogatory comments about golfers before! That is funny though. Hope he is better then me at it!

Anonymous said...

We got a little chuckle here about Dad golfing also--next thing ya know he'll be buying up that place a few miles from your house :)

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure a blind 88 year old golfer could out golf me as well. But I bet I have a better slice them him!!!

Anita said...

gonna join your kids in the comments- the only thing that could be more interesting than M golfing would be if he and my dad went out golfing... together... I'm enjoying the pic! :)

as far as the wall- the real solution would be for the Mexican gov't to get its act together and build a place and economy where their people could thrive... which is much much easier said than done. Seems like any other solution is sad and ineffective...

farmermarvswife said...

Dad will get a chuckle out of all of this! He is having a good time with the golf thing - seems the others he has been with are about the same league except the 88 yr. old and he just as to join them because he needed a little help getting around the course and was alone! Thanks for your comments, too Anita -- your Dad and Marv could wear their Oliver caps, too!
Yes -- countries -- too bad things aren't easier!

farmermarvswife said...

from Dad - golfing -- have learned a little about it so know what people are talking about but I've not gotten a hole-in-one yet! So far the best is one over par -- on one hole! The worst -- 13 on a par 4! teehee! (One hole we almost 'brained' some ducks!)

Will said...

Sounds like he is better at it then me all ready!

auntie ju said...

Fun to read your blog updates this afternoon Minnie!! Thanks! Brings you close. Remember taking me to Newport/Waldport 35 years ago on Feb. 2? Thanks again for all you help and good influence. Love Julia (Hi to the Goofy Golfer too!)

farmermarvswife said...

I kind of like this way of keeping in touch, too! We are still having special times in Texas. Thanks for the reminder of Feb 2 35 yrs. ago -- had been thinking of my mom, too, from that time period.
Minnie