Sunday, October 26, 2008

Extra curricular activities

Quilt making is my favorite extra curricular activity. Here is a picture of the one I've completed most recently. I started seriously quilting 20+ years ago but haven't really kept a picture journal of them so maybe I can start with this one. So far I've only kept one for myself. Most of the others going to family. This is one that Grandma had started - I tried to keep her busy while she was able. I found enough things pieced together amoungst her things that with adding boarders or blocks could make a whole quilt. I should easily be able to make 5 - so one for each family. This is the second one I've gotten done. Sorry this isn't the best picture and the block not showing in the lower right corner is the same as the one in the upper left. There is a fair amount of quilting on it and to me that is what makes a quilt! I now have a double wedding ring on my frame and almost have one row quilted - there are 9 total. I have to have it done before I got to Texas, right?? -- good leverage, I think!

If you click on the picture you can get a better idea of the quilting - if you are interested!

2 comments:

Will said...

Well, since you are blogging about your favorite extra curricular activity, maybe you would like to know that i started blogging about mine. www.willscholze.com

I know you may not like the subject manor, so if you don't, just don't visit! :)

Anita said...

I love love LOVE to quilt! and that's a pretty one!